Saturday 4 July 2015

DESIGNING MY OWN CUSTOM BIKINI!



Recently I was contacted by a company called Kini Swimwear who are from Australia asking If I wanted to create a custom made bikini. I have worked with a Australian bikini company before who you may of heard of called Triangl. Personally I am extremely picky when It comes to bikini's and underwear. This is mainly because I am pear shaped which means that not everything is that flattering on me! The Idea of choosing styles, patterns and colours and designing my own custom made bikini which is, generally speaking, one of a kind was such an exciting prospect! Especially If your one to buy a swimsuit and use it for a couple of years, having one you custom made means the likelihood of you getting bored of it is pretty slim! 

The first thing you do when you design on the site is chose the style in which you want! I went for underwire 1950's and brief style. On reflection I wish I'd gone for High Waist and Triangl as some styles I've seen people create with them are so absolutely stunning and crazy individual! The good thing about it is that you can be any shape or size and you'll be able to pick something which will suit your figure!






















The next step is to choose your colour/print which oh boy is fun. If you have a stroll on Kini's Instagram you can see exact examples of what the prints look like which does really help with deciding what you want to pick! I of course went for stripes (my stripe addiction is ridiculous) and I decided to go for simple black bottoms and a pop of orange. I really like orange and yellow at the minute and I was tempted to go for the yellow stripes but I think the colours I chose will look nicer with a tan!










SIZING. This always confuses me with brands that are not from the UK, but HAVE NO FEAR! Kini have done really well to simplify this and make it blatantly obvious what size you need to be wearing. It's so important that they have the cup size option as it means you know that even if you are a size 8 with cup E boobs, your bikini top will still fit! If you are interested I went for a M in both Tops and Bottoms.







THE FINISHED PRODUCT! Do I rate it or slate it? 

DESIGN: It is spot on what I asked for and in that respect I can't fault it at all. The print is correct for the stripes, the colour is true to the site and the style is 100% what I expected from the options I chose on the site.


As a business student I can really appreciate Kini's tag line 'Choose Your Own Adventure'. To me it means that any woman can chose and design a bikini which suits them, their lifestyle and style. 


QUALITY: The bottoms of the bikini are excellent quality. I always worry with the bottom of bikinis that they will either go baggy or not be true to size. As a size 10 with an unmistakable booty, sizes can be really difficult for me, but for once (HALLELUJAH) this bikini is amazing size wise! They take into consideration your UK sizing as well as cup size (definitely something a lot of other brands need to start doing!)

Share:

15 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! As someone with size E-F boobs I find it really hard finding bikinis that fit, let alone are pretty! I just bought a gorgeous one from Floozie but a girl can never have too many bikinis!

    Kimberley xx

    thecolourchronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely be sure to check this company out! It's so nice to know that it has been custom made to suit you and your figure! :) I'll be sure to check your site out xx

      Delete
  2. Yayyyyyyyyy another blog post!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me whilst go and do my happy exicted dance 😂😂😂😂😂 This blog post was brilliant Han! I love the colours and style you picked for your bikini 😍😍😍 Lots of love 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I got my school end of year report and I am pleased with it! I got good EOY exam results and good comments about things like behaviour and participation! I am realllllllllly happy with my music results because my teacher said really nice things like "her voice is really good" "she shows amazing musical knowledge and it is brilliant to see her in her elemnt" "Orla is an example to others and thy strive to be like her" "it is great to see how much Orla enjoys music lessons" (I was also the only person in the WHOLE SCHOOL to get 100% in my test!!!!!!!) 😃😃😃 Thanks for inspiring me to do what makes my soul happy because it has given me great end results and I love doing music so why not sing 24/7! Ly Han 😘😘

      Delete
  3. This is so incredibly cool - I'm always looking for cute and modest swimwear but I can never find exactly what I want! Definitely will be checking this out!

    Nabihah | http://thesundaywardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bikini is so unique because you designed it for yourself! It looks splendid and would look fab with a tan! Also, the material looks good quality xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. go to website s3g60f5h71 good quality replica bags replica bags supplier y5f37k6q70 replica bags 168 mall index q2r20u2r90 replica bags aaa weblink o6a70k5d12 good quality replica bags replica bags hermes

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig